Neurologic Music Therapist -- Part-time
MedRhythms is a neuro-rehab company that exists to restore the lives and quality of life of loved ones, which brain injury threatens to steal each year. We will do this through world-class, life changing care to those afflicted by neurologic injury or disease, using the power of Neurologic Music Therapy.
Neurologic Music Therapy is developed for those afflicted by neurologic injury or disease. This includes: traumatic brain injury, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Autism, and Cerebral Palsy. NMT should be administered in inpatient, outpatient, and community based settings. The goal is that NMT will be as readily available as Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy.
MedRhythms is comprised of an excited, passionate team driven to make a difference in the world by providing Neurologic Music Therapy to all those in need. As a member of the MedRhythms team it is expected, you are diligent and timely with your work, ask questions immediately if you don’t understand something, commit to doing the right thing that aligns with the mission of our organization, act as a servant leader making the people around you smarter, and give honest and direct feedback to arrive at the best answer.
This position will report to our CEO and is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide care to adults and children in their homes or to patients in a designated clinic with a range of neurologic injuries or diseases using Neurologic Music Therapy
- Conduct Neurologic Music Therapy assessments, develop treatment plans, and document on each session
- Work effectively with other disciplines such as doctors, therapists, nurses and aids
- Potential for program development in facilities
- Potential for public speaking and/or in-services
- Regular meetings with CEO and/or MedRhythms team
- Must be willing to have sessions video recorded
- Passionate about helping others
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with quick response times via e-mail and phone
- Ability to learn, be proactive, and self-motivated in a fast-paced team environment
- A Board Certified-Music Therapist (BC-MT) with a preferred certification in NMT
- Proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar, voice, and percussion
How to apply?
Draft a cover letter that talks about:
1. Why do you think MedRhythms is a good fit for you?
2. What is your experience with NMT?
Prepare and send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org